The members of the Tasmanian Pharmaceutical Students’ Association donated a sum to endow an award in recognition of the services of Dr Lyndsay J McLeod to the School of Pharmacy and Pharmacy education in Tasmania. The Pharmacy Board of Tasmania administered the award from 1976 to 1981, when the capital fund was paid to the University. The Council of the University agreed to the foundation of an award. The terms of the award are set out in these rules.
- The sum, together with any interest from time to time, forms the endowment of an award to be called the LJ McLeod Award.
- The award will be made annually to the student or students who present the best project in the Bachelor of Pharmacy Honours program.
- The award may be withheld in any year if no candidate is deserving of it.
- The Scholarships Management Committee will set the annual value of the award from time to time, having regard to the income from the endowment.
- Any earlier rules for this prize are revoked