Accept your offer
The University of Tasmania will notify you by email if you have received an offer of a place in a course. Alternatively, you can visit eApplication at any time to check if you have been made an offer.
If you are an international student please visit: International Students - How to Accept your Offer & Make a Payment
If you applied through VTAC, UAC or QTAC for a course at AMC or IMAS please accept your offer by replying to your offer email.
1. Access eApplication
Click on the Existing Applicant button.
2. Log on to your account
Enter in the email address and password you selected when initially submitting your application.
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by answering your security question.
Please note that a temporary password will be emailed to your email address, so be sure to include Apply.Now@utas.edu.au on your safe senders list.
If you have trouble resetting your password, we can assist. Please call us on 1300 361 928.
3. Check the status of your application
The 'Your Application' summary screen provides you with an overview of the status of your application and your courses preferences. Each of your course preferences will be listed, and if any offer has been made you will have options to:
- View Offer – view your letter of offer
- Accept – accept the offer, and take up a place in this course
- Reject – reject the offer, and decline the offer of a place in this course
- Defer – request to defer the offer to the next intake.
Note you can also change preferences, but to do so, you need to respond to your current offer first.
4. View your Offer Letter
An electronic copy of your offer letter will be accessible by clicking the View Offer button. You should read the offer letter carefully for any conditions that apply to the offer, and other important information provided in relation to your offer in the course.
5. Respond to your Offer
It is important that you respond to your offer by accepting, rejecting or deferring it, even if it is not your first preference. We ask you to respond so that we know whether we can allocate your place to another applicant. You need to respond to your offer if you wish to be considered for higher preferences.
ACCEPTING YOUR OFFER
To accept your offer, click the Accept button.
You will then have the option to indicate whether you wish to be enrolled in one of our preparation programs. Tick any that you would like to be enrolled in.
- Unistart aims to help you develop the essential skills required for independent learning and success at University, such as critical thinking, critical reading and academic writing.
Visit the Unistart website at http://www.utas.edu.au/unistart for more information
- Physics Foundation and Mathematics Foundation units are for potential UTAS students who have not satisfied respective physics or mathematics prerequisites for entry into first year units. Visit the School of Mathematics and Physics website for further details http://www.utas.edu.au/maths-physics/foundation-units
- Chemistry Foundation unit covers the essential chemistry required for entry into first year chemistry studies at the University of Tasmania for those who do not have the required Chemistry prerequisites. Visit the School of Chemistry website for further details at http://www.utas.edu.au/chem
The final step in the process will provide you with your University of Tasmania Student ID number, email address, and your login and password to access our student email service and MyLO (our online learning system). Please note down these details, as you will need them to access the eStudent system to complete your enrolment.
If you are accepting your offer well in advance of the course commencement, your email address and login details may not have been activated. If this is the case, eApplication will advise you that these details will be emailed to you shortly.
DEFERRING YOUR OFFER
If you have received an offer you may be eligible to apply for a deferral. Deferrals are not available in all courses and are strictly limited in some others. If the course you have received an offer considers deferrals, you will have the option to request a deferral of your place.
Select the Defer option. You will need to indicate which intake you wish to apply to defer to, and select a reason for your deferral request.
Once a deferral request is submitted and processed, you will be notified via email of the outcome of your request.
REJECTING YOUR OFFER
You may reject your offer if you do not wish to study the course we have offered you. You will still be considered for any other higher preferences that you may be eligible for.
Select the Reject option.
If you reject your offer of a place, and then decide you want to accept it later, the option will be available to you (subject to course start and offer validity dates).
Need help with your application?
If you would like to speak to someone about your application, call 1300 363 864 or email email@example.com