The Housing and Community Research Unit (HACRU) produces socially relevant and policy oriented research on housing, urban and community issues.
Our research interests include the following:
- housing affordability
- social and affordable housing policy and practice
- tax policies and other settings influencing how housing markets operate
- household, neighbourhood and community change
- the interface between housing and energy policies, including how to make our built environment more sustainable and energy-efficient
- the needs of and responses to people disadvantaged by the housing status quo.
We are an affiliate member of the Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute (AHURI) and work with government and community groups to promote informed debate and evidence-based policy.