At the Faculty of Arts, you can study part or all of your degree without needing to regularly visit a UTAS campus.
- You can access your study materials in a number of different ways: web (online), mail or a combination.
- Many units have study schools, offered face-to-face or by video conference, held either in the evening or on the weekend. For most units these are not compulsory; however, they can assist your learning and are an opportunity for interaction with your lecturer and other students.
- In online units, you can communicate with lecturers and students online. (Participation in online discussions and/or other activities is a requirement for most online units.)
- External students are entitled to use all University facilities, such as the Library (special provisions can be made for remote students).
- You can commence your study in February or July, and some units are also offered during summer and mid-winter.
- You may be eligible to receive a grant for travel assistance to attend study school and/or for some study expenses such as the cost of purchasing books or requesting them from libraries.