Research in the Faculty of Arts
- Asia Institute Tasmania
- Centre for Tasmanian Historical Studies
- Colonialism and Its Aftermath
- Environment Research Group
- Institute for the Study of Social Change
- Tasmanian Institute of Law Enforcement Studies (TILES)
- The Housing and Community Research Unit
School research pages
ABL research hub
- Faculty of Arts - Higher Degree by Research Handbook 2014
- Expression of Interest form for potential HDR candidates
Welcome to Research in the Faculty of Arts
Excellence in research is an integral part of the mission of the Faculty of Arts. Research is conducted in the Faculty's three schools and specialist centres, and is recognised both nationally and internationally for its contribution to understanding our culture and communities.
Academics in the Faculty of Arts seek to continually enhance their reputation for research quality, producing high impact publications, gaining a range of competitive research grants and awards, working with government and industry, and supervising an increasing number of Higher Degree Research (HDR) students. The Faculty is committed to improving its research training, quality of outputs, and support services.
There are many opportunities for staff to develop their research capabilities, and our goal is to see that both academic staff and research students reach their potential as competent, productive and quality researchers. Working together, our aim is to enhance the research profile of the Faculty of Arts, generating research outputs that have local, national, and international benefits and significance.
The Faculty of Arts welcomes your suggestions regarding your research needs and opportunities. Should you require advice on publications and grants, or simply want to canvass ideas, please contact the Associate Dean, Research Hamish.MaxwellStewart@utas.edu.au
Professor Hamish Maxwell-Stewart Associate Dean (Research)
Faculty of Arts
- Insect affects: the big and small of the entomological imagination in childhood
- Insects and other minute perceptions in the Baroque House
- Understanding Divergence between Public Discourse and Turkish Foreign Policy Practice: A Neoclassical Realist Analysis
- Twenty-Something Girls v. Thirty- Something Sex And The City Women
- Going Commando: Prosthetics and the Politics of Gender