High achieving Arts students at the UTAS Cradle Coast campus were recognised for their academic excellence on 30 May 2012.
Five students have picked up awards in the annual Cradle Coast Arts Prizes, which were presented by Professor Susan Dodds, Faculty of Arts Dean, in a ceremony at the Cradle Coast campus.
The prizes recognise the outstanding academic achievements of students who have completed their first year of study at the campus in a degree in the Faculty of Arts. The students have achieved the highest level of performance within a disciplinary area, with each student receiving a $100 book voucher.
Recipients of the Faculty of Arts Cradle Coast First Year Prizes for 2011 are:
• Best First Year Arts Student – Nathan Jones
• Aboriginal Studies – Darren Watton
• Philosophy – Nathan Jones
• English – Nathan Jones
• Geography – Jarrod Edwards
• History – Nathan Jones
• Classics – Bradley Cordwell
• Sociology (to be jointly awarded) - Nathan Jones and Jessie Gilmour
Photo credit (L-R): Bradley Cordwell, Jarrod Edwards, Nathan Jones, Darren Watton, Prof. Susan Dodds
Authorised by the Dean, Faculty of Arts
12 June, 2012