PhD Opportunity Available
Interested in a PhD? This could be the opportunity for you.
The Pathways to Market Industrial Transformation Hub is a University of Tasmania led, $4M research project funded the Australian Research Council and a consortium of industry partners. This project is working with two Tasmanian agri-food supply chains to drive value creation through the use of sensor technology and inter-firm data sharing platforms. The Pathways to Market Project has an opportunity for a high quality PhD Candidate, with a background in innovation studies, agricultural economics, or a related business discipline to work with Professor Anthony Arundel and Dr Ben Wills at the Australian Innovation Research Centre on research related to collaborative business models in agri-food value chains.
The successful candidate will enjoy a high level of industry access as they develop and conduct a research project related to collaborative innovation, data sharing and inter-firm value flows in the agri-food sector.
Candidates from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Knowledge and skills that will be ranked highly include:
- Agricultural economics
- Value Chain Analysis
- Applied statistics
A scholarship is available that provides a tax-free stipend. The following eligibility criteria apply to this scholarship:
- The scholarship is open to Australian (domestic) candidates and to International candidates.
- The PhD must be undertaken on a full-time basis.
- Applicants must already have been awarded a first class Honours degree or hold equivalent qualifications or relevant and substantial research experience in an appropriate sector.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate strong research and analytical skills.
Qualified students should submit an expression of interest to the Australian Innovation Research Centre by emailing the following information in PDF:
- A complete curriculum vitae
- Educational transcript
- A short statement of why you desire to do doctoral research at the Australian Innovation Research Centre, the specific project that interest you, and your background and experience that qualify you for this work
- Letters from at least two referees who are aware of your qualifications and potential
Please email this information to: Admin.AIRC@utas.edu.au
Expressions of interest period closes 20th March 2016.