Mr Kieran O'Brien
|Contact Campus||Sandy Bay Campus|
|Telephone||+61 3 6226 7338|
|Fax||+61 3 6226 7390|
Kieran O'Brien is a Research Fellow at the AIRC. Kieran graduated with a Bachelor of Economics and Arts in 2000, completing a Bachelor of Information Systems with Honours in 2001. Kieran's current role involves management of the Tasmanian Innovation Census (TIC) project and collaboration in the design and implementation of AIRC research projects. Kieran was initially seconded to the AIRC from the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) to coordinate the 2007 Innovation Census.
Prior to his secondment, Kieran worked as a Change Manager for the Federal Department of Education, Science and Training, working in areas of strategic management and policy analysis. Kieran previously worked as Manager of an Economic, Employment and Regional Statistics unit in the ABS Tasmanian Office in 2005-6, working on projects with State Government agencies including the Department of Economic Development, Treasury and Finance and Infrastructure, Energy and Resources. He worked as a statistical consultant at the State Department of Health and Human Services Drug and Alcohol Service for part of 2005, previously working with ABS economic and population surveys in research and project management roles in 2003-2004.
Kieran has also been working on his MA. On 15 October 2012, Kieran submitted for examination his Masters Research Thesis, titled The Evolution of New Subject Approaches to Innovation Measurement, and Implications for New Innovation Indicators.
- Baseline Survey of the cost of administrative and regulatory compliance to Tasmanian businesses and the level of engagement of Tasmanian businesses with Digital Economy
- Developing a framework for a place-based approach to economic diversification in Tasmania
- Exports & Innovation Indicators for Priority Sectors in Tasmania
- Indicators for the Digital Economy
- Innovation Metrics Framework Project
- Nature of Innovation in the Northern Tasmanian Region
- Profile of R&D and Innovation in Tasmania
- Public Sector Innovation Measurement
- Structure, Business Demographics and Innovation in Burnie
- Structure, Business Demographics and Innovation in Tasmanian Manufacturing
- Tasmanian Innovation Census