The inter-campus bus service operated by Redline Tasmania runs Monday to Thursday at 6.00am (for an 8.45am arrival). This service is specifically for UTAS students and staff and is offered at a reduced fare (students $15; staff $25). The service operates during semester 1 and 2 only between Newnham and Sandy Bay campuses. Return trips are provided by regular Redline services, charged at regular student/adult fares.
To use the service:
- Go to the Redline website to make a booking.
- Via the Redline online bookings screen, select the departure ('from') location by selecting one of the University service pick-up locations listed below.
- Select the arrival ('to') location by selecting 'University Launceston' or 'University Hobart'.
- Select fare type – either 'Unitas stud 6.00am special' ($15) or 'Unitas staff 6.00am special' ($25)
- Newnham campus, outside Arts Building, Newnham Drive (select 'University Launceston')
- Inveresk campus, Metro stop 3, Invermay Road (select 'Inveresk car park')
- Launceston CBD, Wellington Street, near Burson Autoparts (select 'Launceston Bursons')
- Oatlands ‘Midland Highway centre turnoff at the end of Stanley Street’ (select 'Oatlands Centre Turnoff')
- [For drop-off at Hobart CBD, Zero Davey, select 'University Hobart' but inform driver that you wish to stop in the Hobart CBD)]
- Sandy Bay campus (select 'University Hobart')
- Sandy Bay campus, Churchill Ave before roundabout (select 'University Hobart')
- Hobart CBD, Macquarie Street, opposte Frankline Square (select 'Hobart Franklin Sq')
- the Derwent Entertainment Centre (select 'Hobart Derwent Ent Centre')
- Oatlands, ‘Midland Highway centre turn-off at the end of Stanley Street’ (select 'Oatlands Centre Turnoff')
- [For drop-off in Launceston CBD, Bathurst St, select 'University Launceston' but inform driver that you wish to stop in the Launceston CBD)]
- Inveresk campus (select 'University Launceston')
- Newnham campus (select 'University Launceston')
Dates of operation for 2014 academic year
|Monday 24 February||First semester commences|
|Monday 10 March||Eight-hour Day public holiday - no bus service|
|Fri 18 to Fri 24 April||Easter Break and ANZAC Day - no bus service|
|Friday 30 May||End of semester 1|
|Monday 14 July||Second semester commences|
|Mon 1 to Fri 5 September||Mid-semester break commences - no bus service|
|Friday 17 October||Second semester ends|