The intercampus bus service runs Monday to Thursday at 6.00am (for an 8.45am arrival) and is operated by Redline Tasmania.
It is only for UTAS students and staff and is offered at a reduced fare (students $15; staff $25). The service operates during semester 1 and 2 only between Newnham and Sandy Bay campuses.
Return trips are provided by regular Redline services, charged at regular student/adult fares.
How to use the service
- Go to the Redline website to make a booking.
- Select the departure ('from') location by selecting one of the University service pick-up locations listed below.
- Select the arrival ('to') location by selecting 'University Launceston' or 'University Hobart'.
- Select fare type – either 'Unitas stud 6.00am special' ($15) or 'Unitas staff 6.00am special' ($25)
- Newnham campus, outside Arts Building, Newnham Drive (select 'University Launceston')
- Inveresk campus, Metro stop 3, Invermay Road (select 'Inveresk car park')
- Launceston CBD, Wellington Street, near Burson Autoparts (select 'Launceston Bursons')
- Oatlands 'Midland Highway centre turnoff at the end of Stanley Street' (select 'Oatlands Centre Turnoff')
- [For drop-off at Hobart CBD, Zero Davey, select 'University Hobart' but inform driver that you wish to stop in the Hobart CBD)]
- Sandy Bay campus (select 'University Hobart')
- Sandy Bay campus, Churchill Ave before roundabout (select 'University Hobart')
- Hobart CBD, Macquarie Street, opposite Franklin Square (select 'Hobart Franklin Sq')
- the Derwent Entertainment Centre (select 'Hobart Derwent Ent Centre')
- Oatlands, 'Midland Highway centre turn-off at the end of Stanley Street' (select 'Oatlands Centre Turnoff')
- [For drop-off in Launceston CBD, Bathurst St, select 'University Launceston' but inform driver that you wish to stop in the Launceston CBD)]
- Inveresk campus (select 'University Launceston')
- Newnham campus (select 'University Launceston')
Dates of operation for 2015 academic year
|Monday 23 February||First semester commences|
|Monday 9 March||Eight-hour Day public holiday - no bus service|
|Thursday 2 to Wednesday 8 April||Easter Break - no bus service|
|Friday 29 May||End of semester 1 - last day of service Thursday 28 May|
|Monday 13 July||Second semester commences|
|Monday 31 August to Thursday 3 September||Mid-semester break commences - no bus service|
|Friday 16 October||Second semester ends - last day of service Thursday 15 October|