CBD permit parking locations
Staff parking permits for the following locations are charged at the CBD staff parking permit rate:
- The Medical Science Precinct, Hobart
- The Domain, Hobart
- The Tasmanian College of the Arts, Hunter Street, Hobart
- The Conservatorium (Tasmanian College of the Arts), Sandy Bay Road, Hobart
- Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies (IMAS), Castray Esplanade, Hobart
Staff who hold a CBD staff parking permit are permitted to park in standard staff permit parking bays on the Sandy Bay, Newnham and Inveresk campuses in addition to their nominated CBD site.
Each of the CBD sites has a limited number of staff parking bays. The number of CBD permits sold for each CBD site matches the number of CBD parking bays at each site. CBD parking bays are allocated at the discretion of the school or faculty attached to the CBD site. Staff are permitted to share a permit, but please note that shared permits will still be processed, recorded and paid for under one name, so any sharing arrangement would be the staff members' responsibility.
How to apply for a CBD parking permit
1. Contact your head of school/faculty/institute via the following contacts to request a CBD parking space (or to be put on a waiting list if all spaces have been allocated):
- Medical Science Precinct: Kymberly Thomas
- Tasmanian College of the Arts, Hunter Street: Campus Services
- Conservatorium of Music (Tasmanian College of the Arts): Lara Wilks-Ford
2. If your head of school/faculty/institute allocates you a CBD parking space, fill in the Hobart CBD parking permit application form (PDF 106KB). (In signing the application form, you are accepting the general conditions for staff parking permits.)
3. Complete the salary sacrifice approval form (PDF 104KB) and return it along with your completed application form to Campus Services. (Alternatively, you can elect to pay the full amount via a one-off credit card payment via the University's e-payments system.)
4. Once your payment has been processed by the Pay Office/Finance, Campus Services will be automatically notified and your permit will be issued and sent to you in the internal mail.
How to pay for your CBD staff parking permit
Payment options for CBD staff permits are:
- Fortnightly salary sacrifice
- One-off credit card payment via the University's e-payments system.
Cancelling a CBD staff parking permit
If you wish to cancel or return a parking permit for a CBD space, please return it to your site contact listed above. Once returned they will notify Campus Services who will ensure that your payment deduction is cancelled accordingly.