A number of the buildings on campus are secured by personalised access cards. The access cards are individually programmed by Security to allow access to specified areas.
- Key and Access Card Control Policy
- Security policy and guidelines on Key and Lock Specifications (PDF 66.8KB)
Collection points at each campus are, please bring along your Student ID card if you have been issued one:
- Sandy Bay campus: Student Centre (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8.30am to 5pm; Wednesday 10am to 5pm)
- Newnham campus: Security office at end of Queen Elizabeth Walk (open Monday to Friday 11am to 12 noon)
- Cradle Coast campus: Jacqui Clear's office (near admin reception in building D) (Monday to Friday 10am to 3pm)
- Other campuses: your access card will be mailed to the reception desk of your school or institute.
Cards are supplied with access to your campus library, where there is one.
In the case of requesting after hours access to the Morris Miller Underground Computer Lab (Sandy Bay campus), the access card and ID must be produced at the Morris Miller Help Desk for authorisation.
Launceston access cards are supplied with access to the Newnham Library and Sir Raymond Ferrall Centre.
If you require access to other buildings or areas please directly contact the school or division responsible for the area for more information. The head of school or authorising officer in each school will determine what after hours access is appropriate for each individual.
Access cards for staff are obtained from the school/section authorised officer. Please fill in the Key and Access Card Request Form (PDF 132KB).
Any authorisation of access rights or change to access rights will be accepted through the school authorising officer only. Direct requests to Security or Campus Services will be denied. Any problems with access should be reported to the authorising officer within the school or to Security on extension 2046. When calling Security you may be requested to produce current ID.
For further information, please contact Campus Services.