Campus Services

Secure access cards and keys

A number of the buildings on campus are secured by personalised access cards. The access cards are individually programmed by Security to allow access to specified areas.


Hobart and Sandy Bay Campuses 

Access cards for students must be purchased from the TUU Contact Centre (cost $25 with $10 refundable if card returned in good condition). Current student ID must be produced and an application form completed at the the time of purchase. The card is purchased with no building access and must then be taken to the appropriate school with ID to request authorisation of access (for Conservatorium of Music and Centre for the Arts students, see your school information desk regarding the purchase of cards).

The head of school or authorising officer in each school will determine what after hours access is appropriate for each individual. In the case of requesting after hours access to the Morris Miller Underground Computer Lab the access card and ID must be produced at the Morris Miller Help Desk for authorisation.

Launceston, Newnham and Cradle Coast Campuses 

Complete an request for access card online. Once submitted you can visit the security office to collect your card. Cards are supplied with access to the Newnham Library and Sir Raymond Ferrall Centre, if you require access to other buildings or areas please contact them directly for more information.


Access cards for staff are obtained from the school/section authorised officer. Please fill in the Key and Access Card Request Form (PDF 132KB).

Any authorisation of access rights or change to access rights will be accepted through the school authorising officer only. Direct requests to Security or Campus Services will be denied. Any problems with access should be reported to the authorising officer within the school or to Security on extension 2046. When calling Security you may be requested to produce current ID.


For further information, please contact Campus Services.