The Sandy Bay campus and the Centre for the Arts in Hobart, and the Newnham campus in Launceston have designated venues available for hire. Most venues are available for hire after hours, on weekends and during semester break periods. Some venues may be available during the day, depending on the University timetable.
Venues include lecture theatres with contemporary audio visual equipment, seminar rooms and foyer spaces. On-site catering can be arranged for most venues if required. Venues are suitable for public lectures, training workshops and presentations, award ceremonies, conferences and concerts.
How to book a venue
Campus Services is responsible for booking CMLS (centrally managed learning space) for all approved purposes other than unit related timetabled teaching activities or University examinations.
All venues are hired in accordance with the University's venue hire policy. To hire a University venue:
- Contact Campus Services to find out the availability of rooms on the date you require.
- Submit a contract for hire document (external customers and TUU-affiliated clubs and societies) or the online venue request form (internal hirers only, not including TUU-affiliated clubs and societies) to Campus Services.
Venues for hire
Hire fees for University venues
- Contract for hire of University venues (PDF 72.2KB) (for external hirers, including TUU-affiliated clubs and societies)
- Online venue request form (for internal hirers only, not including TUU-affiliated clubs and societies)
- Liquor permit application form (PDF 76KB)
Council requirements for selling food
If you wish to sell food at your event, you may need to comply with a range of local Council regulations. Each council has a website which provides advice on things you need to know about operating a food premise as well the requirements for selling pre packed foods at food stalls, markets and fairs: