Through this program, the University of Tasmania enriches the educational opportunities for high-achieving students and develops links between the University, the students and their schools and colleges.
As well as providing students with academic challenge and the change to experience University life, the High Achiever Program offers a number of other benefits including:
- Subsidised course costs
- Credit towards a University of Tasmania Degree
- Counting units towards the ATAR
- Access to facilities and support services
The High Achiever Program applications open in September with on-time applications closing on 20 December 2015. Supporting documentation will be accepted until mid January and every effort will be made to approve and process applications as early as possible.
High Achiever Program Application for Admission and Enrolment Pack:
The completed application must include the following information:
- a short statement outlining what the student hopes to achieve from the High Achiever Program
- signed permission from their parent/guardian
- a copy of their mid-year report
- written references from two teachers regarding the students suitability for the High Achiever Program
- signed permission form their school/college Principal
- final TCE results for Year 11 (if applicable) including subject results and TE scores and TCE level 3 internal and external rankings