Dr Lejun Zhang
BSc (HFUT), PhD (HFUT)
|Contact Campus||Sandy Bay Campus|
|Telephone||+61 3 6226 7211|
|Fax||+61 3 6226 2547 (Earth Sciences) +61 3 6226 7662 (CODES)|
Dr Lejun Zhang is a research fellow at CODES. He received his BSc and PhD from the Hefei University of Technology, China, in 2006 and 2011. In February 2010, Lejun joined CODES as a visiting PhD student for one year, funded by China's State Scholarship Fund, and was supervised by Professor David Cooke, Dr Zhaoshan Chang and Dr Huayong Chen. The main goal of his PhD project was to gain a comprehensive understanding of magmatism and mineralisation of the Luzong volcanic basin in the Yangtze River area of China to develop ore deposit models for the different mineralisation styles.
Lejun is very interested in magmatic-hydrothermal deposits, such as skarn, porphyry, epithermal and IOCG deposits. His studies incorporate the detailed anatomy of mineralisation and alteration zonation, the reconstruction of ore-forming processes using multiple techniques, and metallogenic analysis.
Current research projects
- P3B1B AMIRA P1060 Enhanced geochemical targeting in magmatic-hydrothermal systems
View other publications here
- Zhang, L.J., Zhou, T.F., Yuan, F., Fan, Y., and David, R.C., 2011, Petrogenetic-metallogenetic setting and temporal-spatial framework of the Yueshan district, Anhui Province, east-central China: International Geology Review, V.53, no.5, p. 542-561.
- Zhang, L.J., Zhou, T.F, Fan, Y., Yuan, F., Qian, B., and Ma, L., 2011, A LA-ICP-MS Study of Apatite from the Taocun Magnetite-apatite Deposit, Ningwu Basin: Acta Geologica Sinica, V.85, no. 5, p. 834-848.
- Zhou, T.F., Zhang, L.J., Yuan, F., Fan, Y., and David, R.C., 2010, LA-ICP-MS in situ trace elements analysis of pyrite from the Xinqiao Cu-Au-S Deposit in Tongling, Anhui, and its constraints on the ore genesis: Earth Science Frontiers, V. 17, no. 2, p. 306-319.
- Zhang, L.J., Zhou, T.F., Fan, Y., Yuan F., Ma, L., and Qian, B., 2010, Dating of copper mineralization in the Jingbian deposit and its prospecting significance in Luzong basin, Anhui Province: Acta Petrologica Sinica, v. 26, no. 9, p. 2729-2738.
- Zhang, L.J., Zhou, T.F., Fan, Y., and Yuan, F., 2008, SHRIMP U-Pb zircon dating of Yueshan intrusion in the Yueshan ore field, Anhui and its significance: Acta Petrologica Sinica, V. 24, no. 8, p. 1725-1732.