Administrative Support Officer
The Administrative Support Officer will provide a wide range of administrative support to staff in CODES (the Centre for Ore Deposit and Exploration Science) and the Discipline of Earth Sciences within the School of Physical Sciences.
In the role you will:
- Provide administrative assistance to the Director and staff of CODES.
- Respond to CODES general enquiries and, when required, assist with general enquiries in the Discipline of Earth Sciences.
- Prepare and distribute agendas and minutes for meetings and committees.
- Assist with coordination of outreach activities
- Coordination of honorary staff renewals and registrations
To be considered, you will have:
- Completion of an associate diploma level qualification with relevant work related experience, or a certificate level qualification with post-certificate relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated high level organisational skills with the proven ability to recognise and prioritise requests and tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Well-developed word processing skills and competent in the use of spreadsheet, database, email and internet software, including website developments and experience
- Demonstrated well developed written and oral communication skills
- An ability to work independently within established guidelines, using initiative and judgement, as well as working as part of a team.
For further information about this position please contact Professor David Cooke, Director - CODES, D.Cooke@utas.edu.au / 6226 7605.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Wednesday, 27 September 2017.
See here for more details.