About University College
Established in 2016, the aim of University College is to raise the level of higher education attainment in Tasmania. As an academic unit of the University of Tasmania, University College offers a range of innovative and flexible programs which cater for students who may have thought higher education was out of their reach. These programs are pathways to University of Tasmania bachelor degrees or can provide the knowledge and qualifications to enter directly into industry.
Our range of courses are:
- focused on the student experience, teaching, learning and support
- delivered flexibly to provide easier access for students in regional areas
- developed using the latest approaches to digital technology
- innovative in the learning approach, equipping graduates with academic knowledge as well as practical skills
- a pathway to enter higher education for students who may not have considered this a possibility
Upon graduation, University College students are commercially aware, technically competent, creative, and equipped for life-long learning.
University College programs are delivered in various forms across the three University of Tasmania campuses- Sandy Bay, Newnham and Cradle Coast.