Courses & Units

Advanced Topics in the Neurobiology of Dementia CAD302

Introduction

This unit will present a range of advanced topics presented by staff and students related to the pathology, aetiology and prevention of illnesses linked to dementia. The unit will explore national and international examples of high quality dementia care research in these areas. Academic and research staff of the Wicking Centre will present on subjects, with opportunities for discussion on findings and implications. Students will be required to present on a topic related to the neurobiological basis of dementing illnesses.

Summary

Unit name Advanced Topics in the Neurobiology of Dementia
Unit code CAD302
Credit points 12.5
Faculty/School Faculty of Health
Wicking Centre
Discipline Wicking Dementia Research & Education Centre
Coordinator

Tony Cook

Teaching staff

Tony Cook

Level Advanced
Available as student elective? Yes
Breadth Unit? No

Availability

This unit is currently unavailable.

Note

Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.

Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.

Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.

TNE Program units special approval requirements.

* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).

Unit census dates currently displaying for 2016 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2016 will be available from the 1st October 2015.

About Census Dates

Fees

Domestic

Band Field of Education
1 090507

Fees for next year will be published in October. The fees above only apply for the year shown.

Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.

Requisites

Prerequisites

  • CAD201, CAD202

Teaching

Teaching Pattern

Flexible delivery

Assessment

Online presentation (20%), - online discussion (30%), Online quizzes (10%).Written assignments total 2000 words (40%)

TimetableView the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable

Textbooks

RequiredNone

The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.