On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
* Describe the principles of international trade
* Explain the key drivers of international commerce and discuss the particular role of maritime commerce
* Identify the key trade routes of commodities shipped by sea and the development of these trade routes
* Evaluate the role of shipping in integrated multi-model supply chains
* Differentiate between Flag state, registration of vessels and beneficial ownership and evaluate the significance of these
* Discuss the development of the international regulatory framework for shipping and the development of Australian/national Maritime Regulations
* Identify and analyse trends that impact upon maritime transport and discuss how these impact upon national economies
|Unit name||International Shipping|
|Faculty/School||College of Sciences and Engineering
Australian Maritime College
Mr Samrat Ghosh
|Available as student elective?||No|
This unit is currently unavailable.
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2019 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2019 will be available from the 1st October 2018.
|Band||Field of Education|
Fees for next year will be published in October. The fees above only apply for the year shown.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
Distance Education only
Three individual assignments by coursework, e.g:
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.