This unit is for students undertaking the project work component of the Graduate Diploma in Spatial Science over two semesters. It is the second of two 25% units. The first 25% unit is KGG512 GradDipSpSc Project part A. The two combined are equivalent to the 50% weighted unit KGG511 GradDipSpSc Project.
In this unit, you will conclude a significant independent project that will require you to apply and extend the knowledge and skills acquired from the coursework units of your GradDipSpSc. The project will comprise an application of geospatial science to an authentic problem or challenge. The application may be local, national or international. The unit is intended to: further develop your ability to acquire and critically evaluate relevant information from the published literature and to synthesize a systematic and logical review that identifies key issues, concepts and theory; further develop your understanding of the processes required in order to research, develop and apply solutions to complex geospatial problems; extend your advanced practical training in geospatial science and techniques; further develop your written skills to a level appropriate for preparation of professional reports; and provide opportunities for you to further develop your oral communication skills in the context of communicating science to a variety of audiences.
|Unit name||GradDip Project Part B|
|Faculty/School||College of Sciences and Engineering
School of Technology, Environments and Design
|Discipline||Geography and Spatial Sciences|
|Coordinator||Dr C Watson|
|Available as student elective?||Yes|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2019 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2019 will be available from the 1st October 2018.
|Band||CSP Student Contribution||Full Fee Paying (domestic)||Field of Education|
|2||2019: $2,339.00||2019: $5,408.00||031103|
Fees for next year will be published in October. The fees above only apply for the year shown.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:
Weekly progress meetings with Project Supervisor.
Approx. 10,000 word equivalent project report.
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Co-op Bookshop links
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.