This unit will enable students to critically evaluate the theory, practice and process for managing clinical documentation improvement (CDI) processes in the healthcare system. The purpose of good documentation will be explored alongside CDI best practice. Student will receive in-depth tuition on CDI program implementation and evaluation Students will have opportunities to hear from experts across Australia and participate in industry case studies and analysis.
|Unit name||Clinical Documentation Improvement|
|Faculty/School||College of Business & Economics
Tasmanian School of Business and Economics
|Discipline||Australian Institute of Health Service Management|
|Available as student elective?||No|
This unit is currently unavailable.
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2020 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2020 will be available from the 1st October 2020.
- Critically evaluate clinical documentation improvement theory, principles and practice to enhance the delivery and management of healthcare in Australia.
- Evaluate standards and governance in relation to clinical documentation improvement in Australia and apply strategies to ensure compliance.
- Create a CDI program for a health organisation of any type.
- Recommend an evaluation method to monitor a CDI program.
- Articulate the ethical, legal and political issues in clinical documentation improvement.
|Band||Field of Education|
Fees for next year will be published in October. The fees above only apply for the year shown.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Please see the unit outline for details.
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.