Rozelle - Sydney
The unit examines internal and external factors that shape individual, group and organisational behaviours in healthcare. Using management theory, students will scrutinise how the operation of healthcare organisations is determined by stakeholder expectations. Students will investigate critical organisational issues including attitudes, satisfaction, motivation, leadership and power, transparency, culture and climate. Students will critically appraise how stakeholder expectations manifest into organisational behaviours, organisational performance and clinical outcomes. Students will have opportunities to hear from experts across Australia and participate in industry case studies and analysis.
|Unit name||Healthcare Organisational Behaviour|
|Faculty/School||College of Business & Economics
Tasmanian School of Business and Economics
|Discipline||Tasmanian School of Business and Economics|
Dr Kathy Eljiz
|Available as student elective?||Yes|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
|Rozelle - Sydney||Semester 1||Off-Campus||International||Domestic|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2019 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2019 will be available from the 1st October 2018.
- Study and apply management theory to modern healthcare organisations.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of individual, group and organisational approaches to understanding behaviours.
- Consider how various stakeholder expectations are translated into behaviours within organisations.
- Understand how critical organisational issues shape and are shaped by behaviours.
- Evaluate organisational responses to individual and group behaviours in relation to organisational outcomes.
|Band||CSP Student Contribution||Full Fee Paying (domestic)||Field of Education|
|3||2019: $1,369.00||2019: $2,575.00||080313|
Fees for next year will be published in October. The fees above only apply for the year shown.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Please see the unit outline for details.
Co-op Bookshop links
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.