In this unit, you will begin a systematic investigation into your teaching and learning practice or context.
You will identify an area of your practice or of teaching and learning in higher education that you wish to investigate, research or develop. Your inquiry may take one of a range of forms, such as:
- completion of an action-research cycle;
- research into an area of your practice or a topic relevant to teaching and learning in higher education;
- a career development process;
- implementation of a innovation;
- curriculum renewal or course design; or
- leadership development.
In this unit, you will identify the area for inquiry, scope out the project and design your project.
On completion of this unit you will be able to:
- Use reflection, data and higher education literature to identify an area for development or inquiry into teaching and learning in higher education.
design development of or inquiry into an aspect of teaching and learning in higher education.
|Unit name||Higher Education Project Development|
|Faculty/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
Faculty of Education
Dr Steve Drew
|Available as student elective?||No|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2020 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2020 will be available from the 1st October 2020.
|Band||CSP Student Contribution||Field of Education|
Fees for next year will be published in October. The fees above only apply for the year shown.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
Presentation (30%, 10 minutes); Research Plan/Ethics Application (70%, 1500 words equivalent)
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Co-op Bookshop links
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.