MyLO will be used as a primary learning/teaching resource. All students will need to regularly visit MyLO for course related information.
Minimum enrolment number of 12 applies to this offering. Should enrolments not reach the minimum number required for on-campus study, students may be transferred to the on-line offering and advised of this change before semester commences
This Unit will examine insight of human development within an education paradigm wherein we will specially explore the following core ideas:
* Human psychology within chronological age (e.g. critical points and/or stages/transitions),
* Recognising/articulating and quantifying change/growth (social, emotional, physical and cognitive) across the Lifespan,
* Human development as an interplay between idiosyncrasies, bio- behavioural aspects, environmental forces and socio-cultural influences, and
* Understand human development and seminal learning theories within an Educational context
|Unit name||Human Development and Learning|
|Faculty/School||Faculty of Education
School of Education
|Discipline||School of Education|
|Available as student elective?||No|
This unit is currently unavailable.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2016 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2016 will be available from the 1st October 2015.
|Band||CSP Student Contribution||Full Fee Paying (domestic)||Field of Education|
Fees for next year will be published in October. The fees above only apply for the year shown.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
Weekly 2 hour recorded lecture and 1 hour face to face tutorial
40% Internal Assessment, 60% Exam
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Flexible Study Options
This unit is available face to face on Hobart Campus only and fully online via distance enrolment
Please use the link to Co-op Bookshop below
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.