Launceston, Cradle Coast
This unit can be taken as an elective in Education courses. It is not available as an elective in some other courses. Please check with your Faculty prior to enrolling in this unit.
This Unit will give you a detailed insight Human development within an education paradigm wherein we will specially explore the following core ideas:
- Human psychology exists within chronological age (e.g. critical points and/or stages /transitions),
- Human development is a process of recognising/articulating and quantifying change/growth (social, emotional, physical and cognitive) across lifespan,
- Human development is an interplay between idiosyncrasies, bio-behavioural aspects, environmental forces and socio-cultural influences, and
- Human development can be best understood (from infancy to adulthood) within an educational context through a topical approach
|Unit name||Human Development and Learning|
|Faculty/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
Faculty of Education
|Available as student elective?||Yes|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
|Launceston||Semester 2||On-Campus||Off-Campus||International International||Domestic Domestic|
|Cradle Coast||Semester 2||On-Campus||International||Domestic|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2019 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2019 will be available from the 1st October 2018.
|Band||CSP Student Contribution||Full Fee Paying (domestic)||Field of Education|
|1||2018: $805.00||2018: $1,969.00||070303|
Fees for next year will be published in October. The fees above only apply for the year shown.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
On-Campus students: Lectures (2 hrs) and Tutorial (1 hr) x 13 weeks.
Online students: Lectures, weekly activities and discussions
Hurdle Task 1 (15% - Week 4), Hurdle Task 2 (15% - Week 7), Tutorial Engagement (10%) and Final Exam (60%)
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Please use link to coop bookshop below
Co-op Bookshop links
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.