Course rules for 21A Diploma of University Studies
Diploma of University Studies
1. These Specifications shall take effect on 1 January 2018 and shall apply to all candidates enrolled in the Diploma of University Studies (21A).
2. Candidates for the diploma shall be admitted in accordance with Rule 3 Admission and Student Progress.
3. Candidates for the Diploma shall complete the requirements in not more than three years. The maximum completion time will be calculated from the commencement of the first unit which is passed and which counts towards the degree requirements.
4. Course requirements
4.1 Course elements
The Diploma of University Studies will comprise:
a. A minimum of 8 units (100 credit points) or equivalent for the diploma-level qualification (AQF Level 5), where a standard unit measure is 12.5 credit points.
b. The units which may be included in the diploma shall, unless otherwise approved by the Principal, be in accordance with the published Schedules and will include:
- A maximum of six units at foundation level
- A minimum of two units at introductory level
c. Units must be completed in the order specified in the published schedules
4.2 Required volume of learning
To qualify for the Diploma of University Studies the candidate shall complete the total minimum units/credit points required for the degree per the table below:
|Total Course Duration Required for AQF Level 5|
|Units/credit points required||Nominal degree length|
|8 units/100 credit points||1 year|
5. Enrolment conditions
5.1 Enrolment in all units will be in accordance with requisites determined by the relevant College, Faculty or Institute.
5.2 When two or more units of the same name or content are offered within the University, only one may be counted towards the degree.
6. Award Eligibility
Students will be permitted to graduate with the diploma qualification where relevant.
7. Enrolment exemption ‐ credit for previous studies
Passes in units in other incomplete courses in this University or another approved tertiary institution (or other approved professional examining body) may be credited towards the diploma and a course plan developed to detail the units required by the student to qualify for the diploma. The maximum credit granted will be in accordance with the limits as stated in Rule 3 Admission and Student Progress.
Students who have passed units towards the Bachelor of General Studeies (Pathway) under the previous specifications will be entitled to transfer to the Diploma under these specifications with full equivalent credit. The transition for continuing students to these specifications will be managed to ensure that they are not disadvantaged.