Course rules for D7C Master of Architecture
Award name and title
1. The award will be called Master of Architecture with the abbreviation MArch.
2. These specifications shall take effect on 1 January 2007 and shall apply to all candidates for the award, including those enrolling for the first time in that year and those enrolled subsequently.
3. Entry requires the Bachelor of Environmental Design or approved equivalent and is subject to performance in the final year of the first degree.
Requirements and duration
4. To qualify for the Master of Architecture a candidate shall pass in 200% of units in accordance with Specification 6.
5. Candidates shall complete the degree requirements in not less than two separate year of full-time study and not more than four years, from the time of first enrolment.
6. Candidates will select units from the accompanying schedule as follows:
- 100% of Year 1 units in Schedule A; and
- 100% of Year 2 units in Schedule B.
7. No Terminating Passes may be counted towards the requirements of the degree.
8. Units may be counted toward the award only if they have been taken in accordance with the prerequisites determined by the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology and as summarised in Schedules attached to these Specification unless otherwise approved by the Dean.
9. A candidate normally may not enrol in any year in units totalling more than 100% weighting.
10. Where two or more units of the same name or content are offered within the University, only one may be counted towards the award.
11. In every case the candidate's choice of units and the order in which they are taken shall be subject to approval by the Dean in accordance with the requirements of Specification 6.
12. The Faculty may from time to time make amendments to the Schedules to these specifications.