Course rules for E5T Graduate Certificate in University Learning and Teaching
1. Candidates for the Graduate Certificate in University Learning and Teaching shall be qualified for entry through the successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent).
2. Candidates for the graduate certificate shall complete the graduate certificate requirements, as hereinafter prescribed, in not less than twelve months part-time study and not more than four years part-time, from the time of first enrolment.
3. To qualify for the graduate certificate, the candidate shall: pass two compulsory units and two degree elective units.
4. The units which may be included in a course for the graduate certificate shall, unless otherwise approved by the University, be in accordance with the Schedule accompanying these specifications.
5. Units may be counted towards the graduate certificate only if they have been taken in accordance with prerequisites determined by the Faculty of Education summarised in the Schedule.
6. A candidate normally may not enrol in any year in units totalling more than 50% weighting (four units).
7. Where two or more units of the same name or content are offered within the University, only one may be counted towards the graduate certificate.
8. In every case the candidate's choice of units and the order in which they are taken shall be subject to approval by the University in accordance with the requirements of paragraph 3.
Credit for Previous Studies
9. Passes in subjects or units in other courses (completed or otherwise) in this University or another approved tertiary institution (or other approved professional examining body) may be credited towards the graduate certificate, provided that the Faculty may specify what more a candidate so credited shall be required to do to qualify for the graduate certificate .
10. The Faculty may from time to time make amendments to the Schedule to these specifications.
11. These specifications shall take effect on 1 January 2006 and shall apply to all candidates for the graduate certificate, including those enrolling for the first time in that year and those enrolled subsequently.
12. The approved abbreviation for the graduate certificate of Graduate Certificate in University Learning and Teaching shall be GradCert LT.