Course rules for F4E Bachelor of Music (Elite) with Honours
1. A candidate for the degree of Bachelor of Music (Elite) with Honours ('the degree') shall before commencing a course of study for the degree:
[i] have qualified for admission to an equivalent to four years oftertiary study in Music at the Undergraduate level , or have qualified for admission to an equivalent degree in another music course in another tertiary institution approved by the Conservatorium of Music ('the Conservatorium') for this purpose; or
[ii] have been accepted by the Conservatorium as having successfully completed the final year of the four year study with Distinction in performance or composition and at least grades of Credit or better in all other units, or possess demonstrable equivalent professional attainment.
2. A candidate for the degree shall pursue a nominated course of study approved by the Director of Music.
3. The course of study shall be the equivalent of one year's full-time work and shall be completed in one year from the time at which the candidate enrols for the course. Provided that the dean or a representative of the dean:
[i] may permit a candidate to study on a part-time basis over a period not exceeding two consecutive years;
[ii] may allow a candidate whose work has been interrupted by illness or other unavoidable cause, to complete the course over a longer period.
4. A candidate shall undertake a course of study in the following areas:
A major (50%) in Performance or Composition;
FCA445 Music Research Methodology unit (12.5%);
1 x 12.5% elective, chosen from the approved elective schedule;
Honours and Postgraduate Research Forum; and
* For Performance Students: either a written exegesis weighted at 25% or a recording project weighted at 25%
* For Composition students: a written exegesis weighted at 25%.
5. The classes of Honours shall be First Class, Second Class and Third Class. There shall be an upper and lower division in the Second Class.
6. These specifications shall take effect from 1 July 2014.
7. The approved abbreviation for the degree of Bachelor of Music (Elite) with Honours will be BMus(Elite)Hons.