Course rules for M6M Graduate Diploma of Clinical Leadership
1. Candidates for the Graduate Diploma of Clinical Supervision and Clinical Leadership shall be qualified for entry if they:
- are a registered and currently practicing clinician for a minimum of three years
- have equivalent experience and/or qualifications as deemed appropriate by the Dean.
2. Candidates for the Graduate Diploma in Clinical Supervision and Clinical Leadership shall complete the degree requirements, as hereinafter prescribed, in not less than two years of study [or its equivalent] and not more than four years from the time of first enrolment.
3. To qualify for the Graduate Diploma, the candidate shall pass eight units comprising four core units, and four elective units.
4. The units which may be included in a course for the Graduate Diploma shall, unless otherwise approved by the Faculty, be in accordance with the Schedule accompanying these specifications.
5. Units may be counted towards the Graduate Diploma only if they have been taken in accordance with prerequisites determined by the Faculty and as summarised in the Schedule accompanying these specifications.
6. A candidate normally may not enrol in any year in units totalling more than 50% (four 12.5% units) weighting. This applies to all candidates including those in full-time employment during any given year.
7. Where two or more units of the same name or content are offered within the University, only one may be counted towards the Graduate Diploma.
8. In every case the candidate's choice of units and the order in which they are taken shall be subject to approval by the Faculty in accordance with the requirements of paragraph 4.
Credit for Previous Studies
9. Passes in subjects or units in other courses (completed or otherwise) in this University or another approved tertiary institution (or other approved professional examining body) may be credited towards the degree, provided that the Faculty may specify what more a candidate so credited shall be required to do to qualify for the Graduate Diploma.
10. The Faculty may from time to time make amendments to the Schedule to these specifications.
11. These specifications shall take effect on 1 January 2012 and shall apply to all candidates for the Graduate Diploma, including those enrolling for the first time in that year and those enrolled subsequently.
12. The approved abbreviation for the degree of Graduate Diploma of Clinical Supervision and Clinical Leadership shall be GradDip ClinLship