Course rules for N4N Bachelor of Surveying and Spatial Sciences with Honours
Award name and title
1. The award will be called Bachelor of Surveying and Spatial Sciences with Honours with the abbreviation BSurvSpSc(Hons).
2. These specifications shall take effect on 1 January 2007 and shall apply to all candidates for the award, including those enrolling for the first time in that year and those enrolled subsequently.
3. Candidates for the degree of Bachelor of Surveying and Spatial Sciences with Honours require the approval of the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology and shall have qualified for admission to the degree of Bachelor of Surveying and Spatial Sciences at this University or equivalent qualification at another approved tertiary institution.
4. Candidature is subject to appropriate supervision being available for the thesis topic approved by the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology and subject to satisfying the prerequisites required for the chosen field of study.
5. Candidates for the degree of Bachelor of Surveying and Spatial Sciences with Honours shall submit a thesis on work undertaken as part of the Honours course and fulfil examination or other assessments as prescribed by the Faculty.
6. Candidates shall complete the requirements for the course within a specified period provided that the maximum period shall not exceed 12 months from the date of commencement for full-time students or 24 months from the date of commencement for part-time students.
7. The Dean may grant an extension of time to a candidate who has been prevented by illness or other serious cause from completing the requirements of the course within the period prescribed in these specifications.
8. The classes of honours shall be First Class, Second Class and Third Class. There shall be an upper and lower division in Second Class.
9. The Faculty may from time to time make amendments to the Schedule to these specifications.