Course rules for R6W Graduate Diploma of Arts (Specialisation)
1. The Graduate Diploma of Arts (Specialisation/s) is an exit award qualification from the Master of Arts (Specialisation/s).
2. Candidates for the Graduate Diploma of Arts (Specialisation/s) shall complete the degree requirements, as hereinafter prescribed, in not less than one year of study [or its equivalent] and not more than three years from the time of first enrolment.
3. To qualify for the Graduate Diploma, the candidate shall pass eight units totalling 100 credit points from the accompanying Schedule in the chosen discipline.
4. The units which may be included in a course for the Graduate Diploma shall, unless otherwise approved by the College, be in accordance with the Schedule accompanying these specifications.
5. Units may be counted towards the Graduate Diploma only if they have been taken in accordance with prerequisites determined by the College and as summarised in the Schedule accompanying these specifications.
6. A candidate normally may not enrol in any year in units totalling more than 50cp (four 12.5cp units) weighting. This applies to all candidates including those in full-time employment during any given year.
7. Where two or more units of the same name or content are offered within the University, only one may be counted towards the Graduate Diploma.
8. In every case the candidate's choice of units and the order in which they are taken shall be subject to approval by the College in accordance with the requirements of paragraph 4.
Credit for Previous Studies
9. Passes in subjects or units in other courses (completed or otherwise) in this University or another approved tertiary institution (or other approved professional examining body) may be credited towards the degree, provided that the College may specify what more a candidate so credited shall be required to do to qualify for the Graduate Diploma.
10. The College may from time to time make amendments to the Schedule to these specifications.
11. Should any difficulty arise for a candidate previously enrolled because of any difference between course requirements and units offered under these specifications and those previously in force, the College shall ensure that the candidate is not materially disadvantaged by these specifications.
12. These specifications shall take effect on 1 January 2018 and shall apply to all candidates for the Graduate Diploma, including those enrolling for the first time in that year and those enrolled subsequently.
13. The approved abbreviation for the degree of Graduate Diploma of Arts (Specialisation/s) shall be GradDipArts(Spec/s).