Course rules for S4X Bachelor of Agriculture with Honours
1. In these specifications 'Faculty' means the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology.
2. Candidates for the degree of Bachelor of Agriculture with Honours require the approval of Faculty and shall have qualified for admission to the the Bachelor of Agriculture, Bachelor of Science or a similar degree at this University or equivalent qualification at another approved tertiary institution. Candidates would normally be expected to obtain at least a credit average in their third year units.
3. Candidature is subject to appropriate supervision being available for the thesis topic approved by the School and subject to satisfying the prerequisites required for the chosen field of study.
4. A candidate for the degree of Bachelor of Agriculture with Honours must submit a thesis on work undertaken as part of the Honours course. The requirements for the degree may include examinations in units with a total weighting of up to 25% as prescribed by the School.
5. Candidates shall complete the requirements for the course within a specified period provided that the maximum period shall not exceed 12 months from the date of commencement for full-time students or 24 months from the date of commencement for part-time students.
6. The Dean may grant an extension of time to a candidate who has been prevented by illness or other serious cause from completing the requirements of the course within the period prescribed in these specifications.
7. The classes of honours shall be First Class, Second Class and Third Class. There shall be an upper and lower division in Second Class.
8. These specifications shall take effect on 1 January 2013 and shall apply to all candidates for the degree, including those enrolling for the first time in that year and those enrolled subsequently.
9. The approved abbreviation for the degree of Bachelor of Agriculture with Honours shall be BAgr(Hons).