Course rules for S5W Graduate Certificate in Science Education
1. Candidates for the Graduate Certificate in Science Education shall be qualified for entry in accordance with the provisions of the University's Rules of Admission.
2. Candidates for the certificate shall complete the certificate requirements, as hereinafter prescribed, in not less than six months of full-time study (or its equivalent) and not more than two years, from the time of first enrolment.
3. To qualify for the degree of Graduate Certificate in Science Education, the candidate shall pass three (3) compulsory units and one (1) elective unit from Schedule A.
4. The units which may be included in a course for the certificate shall, unless otherwise approved by the Dean, be in accordance with Schedule A accompanying these specifications.
5. Units may be counted towards the certificate only if they have been taken in accordance with prerequisites determined by the Faculty of Science Engineering and Technology and as summarised in Schedule A.
6. Where two or more units of the same name or content are offered within the University, only one may be counted towards the degree.
7. In every case the candidate's choice of units and the order in which they are taken shall be subject to approval by the Dean in accordance with the requirements of paragraph 3.
Credit for Previous Studies
8. Passes in subjects or units in other courses (completed or otherwise) in this University or another approved tertiary institution (or other approved professional examining body) may be credited towards the degree, provided that the Faculty may specify what more a candidate so credited shall be required to do to qualify for the degree.
9. The Faculty may from time to time make amendments to the Schedule accompanying these specifications.
10. These specifications shall take effect on 10 March 2009 and shall apply to all candidates for the degree, including those enrolling for the first time in that year and those enrolled subsequently.
11. The approved abbreviation for the degree of Graduate Certificate in Science Education shall be GradCertScEd.