Course rules for S6O Graduate Diploma of Marine and Antarctic Science
Award name and title
1. The award will be called Graduate Diploma in Marine and Antarctic Science with the abbreviation GradDipMarAntSc.
2. These specifications shall take effect on 1 January 2012 (or earlier, if appropriate) and shall apply to all candidates for the award, including those enrolling for the first time in that year and those enrolled subsequently.
3. The Faculty may accept as a candidate for the award of Graduate Diploma in Marine and Antarctic Science a person who has qualified for admission to a bachelor degree in a related science discipline at the University of Tasmania or holds a degree or other tertiary qualifications deemed by the Faculty to be equivalent for this purpose.
Requirements and duration
4. To qualify for the Graduate Diploma in Marine and Antarctic Science, a candidate shall pass eight units totalling 100% in accordance with Specification 6.
5. Candidates shall complete the degree requirements in not less than two semesters of full-time study (or its equivalent) and not more than three years, from the time of first enrolment.
6. Candidates will select and complete eight 12.5% units from Schedule A.
7. No Terminating Passes may be counted towards the requirements of the degree.
8. Units may be counted toward the award only if they have been taken in accordance with the prerequisites determined by the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology unless otherwise approved by the Dean.
9. Where two or more units of the same name or content are offered within the University, only one may be counted towards the award.
10. In every case the candidate's choice of units and the order in which they are taken shall be subject to approval by the Dean in accordance with the requirements of Specification 6.
11. The Faculty may from time to time make amendments to the Schedules of these specifications.