Course rules for X3P Bachelor of Philosophy
1. Candidates for the Bachelor of Philosophy must have either:
a) achieved an ATAR score (or equivalent) of at least 90; and
i. be accepted into a Bachelor degree program at the University of Tasmania; and
ii. be approved for admission by the DVC(S&E) or nominee;
or: b) completed the equivalent of at least one year full-time study in a Bachelor degree program; and
i. be currently enrolled in a Bachelor degree program at the University of Tasmania; and
ii. have achieved a standard GPA of 5.5 in the accompanying degree; and
iii. be approved for admission by the DVC(S&E) or nominee;
2. Normally candidates for the Bachelor of Philosophy shall complete the Bachelor of Philosophy requirements, as hereinafter prescribed, in not less than one year's full time study or its equivalent and not more than seven years, from the time of first enrolment including the year of passing the first unit claimed to count towards the degree.
3. To qualify for the Bachelor of Philosophy, the candidate shall have:
* successfully completed an undergraduate degree; and
* completed, or gained credit for, units in the BPhil schedule comprising a total of 300%, and
* achieved a final GPA of at least 5.5 across both the principal degree and the Bachelor of Philosophy. Units completed within the Bachelor of Philosophy may be credited towards another award if students fail to maintain an acceptable GPA and are ineligible to graduate with the Bachelor of Philosophy.
4. The units which may be included in a course for the Bachelor of Philosophy shall, unless otherwise approved by the DVC(S&E), be in accordance with Schedule A, as approved by ULTC, and accompanying these specifications.
5. Units may be counted towards the Bachelor of Philosophy only if they have been taken in accordance with prerequisites determined by the ULTC and as specified for each approved unit.
6. In every case the candidate's choice of units and the order in which they are taken shall be subject to approval by the DVC(S&E) in accordance with the requirements of paragraph 4.
7. The ULTC may from time to time make amendments to the Schedules to these specifications.
8. These specifications shall take effect on 1 July 2013 and shall apply to all candidates for the Bachelor of Philosophy, including those enrolling for the first time in that year and those enrolled subsequently.
9. The approved abbreviation for the Bachelor of Philosophy shall be BPhil.