Course rules for M7T Master of Advanced Paramedicine (Specialisation)
1.Candidates for the Master of Advanced Paramedicine(Specialisation)
shall be qualified for entry:
Applicants must hold a Paramedic degree or an equivalent qualification approved by the Faculty.
Applicants must also:
- Meet current state/territory vaccination, police and working with children checks.
2. Candidates for the Master's degree* shall complete the degree* requirements, as hereinafter prescribed, in not less than 1.5 year of full-time study (or its equivalent)and not more than 4 years , from the time of first enrolment.
3. To qualify for the degree*, the candidate shall:
pass 12 x 12.5% units or equivalent totalling 150% as outlined in Schedule and undertake such practical exercises/experience as may be required to satisfy the degree requirements.
4. The units which may be included in a course for the Masters degree* shall, unless otherwise approved by the Dean, be in accordance with the Schedule, accompanying these specifications.
5. Units may be counted towards the degree* only if they have been taken in accordance with prerequisites determined by the Faculty of Health and as summarised in Schedule accompanying these specifications.
6. A candidate normally may not enrol in any year in units totalling more than 100% weighting (4 x 12.5% units or equivalent), or if the candidate is in full-time employment during any given Semester, more than 50% weighting (2 x 12.5% units or equivalent).
7. Where two or more units of the same name or content are offered within the University, only one may be counted towards the degree*.
8. In every case the candidate's choice of units and the order in which they are taken shall be subject to approval by the Dean in accordance with the requirements of paragraph 3.
Credit for Previous Studies
9. Passes in subjects or units in other courses (completed or otherwise) in this University or another approved tertiary institution (or other approved professional examining body) may be credited towards the degree, provided that the Faculty may specify what more a candidate so credited shall be required to do to qualify for the degree*.
10. The Faculty may from time to time make amendments to the Schedules to these specifications.
- These specifications shall take effect on 1 January 2015 and shall apply to all candidates for the degree*, including those enrolling for the first time in that year and those enrolled subsequently.
14. The approved abbreviation for the degree* of Master of Advanced Paramedicine (Specialisation) shall be MAdvParamed (Specialisation).