Course rules for K4S Bachelor of Marine and Antarctic Science with Honours
1. The award will be called Bachelor of Marine and Antarctic Science with Honours with the abbreviation BMarAntSc(Hons).
2. These specifications shall take effect on 1 July 2016 and shall apply to all candidates for the award, including those enrolling for the first time in that year and those enrolled subsequently.
3. Candidates for the degree of Bachelor of Marine and Antarctic Science with Honours require the approval of the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology and shall have qualified for admission to the degree of Bachelor of Marine and Antarctic Science or Bachelor of Applied Science (Marine Environment) at this University or equivalent qualification at another approved tertiary institution.
4. Candidature is subject to appropriate supervision and project support being available for the thesis topic approved by the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology and subject to satisfying the prerequisites required for the chosen field of study.
5. A candidate for the degree of Bachelor of Marine and Antarctic Science with Honours must submit a thesis on work undertaken as part of the Honours course. The requirements for the degree may also include examination or other assessments as prescribed by the Faculty.
6. Candidates shall complete the requirements for the course within a specified period provided that the maximum period shall not exceed 12 months from the date of commencement for full-time students or 24 months from the date of commencement for part-time students.
7. The Dean may grant an extension of time to a candidate who has been prevented by illness or other serious cause from completing the requirements of the course within the prescribed period.
8. The classes of honours shall be First Class, Second Class and Third Class. There shall be an upper and lower division in Second Class.
9. The Faculty may from time to time make amendments to the Schedules to these specifications.