In this unit foundation automation skills are developed in the first part of this unit and are then applied in a group team-based environment to the design and implementation of robotics and engineering automation systems. Topics include programmable logic controllers and supervisory control, industrial robotics, machine vision, and microcontroller-based autonomous mobile robotics.
|Unit name||Robotics and Automation|
|Faculty/School||College of Sciences and Engineering
School of Engineering
|Available as student elective?||No|
This unit is currently unavailable.
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2020 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2020 will be available from the 1st October 2020.
1. Demonstrate foundation skills in key engineering automation systems in a laboratory environment within the context of preparing for a group project.
2. Plan effectively for a robotics and automation system extension group project that extends foundation automation skills and knowledge.
3. Develop a robotics and automation system that extends foundation automation skills and knowledge to achieve a defined automation outcome.
4. Demonstrate effective individual skills in project-based learning and teamwork within a group robotics and automation project.
|Band||Field of Education|
Fees for next year will be published in October. The fees above only apply for the year shown.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:
Four major assessments: collated lab report portfolio (30%), project plan and design group report (10%), group project report (30%) and individual project portfolio (30%)
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.