West Park Expansion
A new campus at West Park
The University will build a new $40 million campus at West Park in the heart of Burnie.
Based on extensive consultation with the community, this will include:
- World-class research and teaching facilities
- Easy pedestrian access options with public transport and ample car parking available
- New bandrooms to facilitate the relocation of the Burnie Brass and Burnie Highland Pipe Bands
- A focus on enabling industry and community use of the site, with sensitivity to the natural environment
The first stage of this development is complete, in the shape of student accommodation and teaching facilities in the old Domestic Arts Building and the iconic Makers’ Workshop.
Key achievements & milestones
Achievements to date:
- Stage 1 complete with student accommodation and renovations to the Makers’ Workshop and the former Domestic Arts Building
- Master plan released following extensive community consultation
- Funding secured for the project from State and Federal Governments
- Principal consultant architect appointed for detailed design of the campus
- Detailed co-design process, including extensive consultation with University staff to create world-class spaces for teaching and learning
- Development application submitted to Burnie City Council for planning approval in October 2018
- Commence construction in late 2018
We are keen to get your input into the new campus development as the planning and design process continues. Details about consultation opportunities will be posted here as they become available.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions
To provide feedback, ask questions or join the mailing list for project updates, you’re welcome to Contact Us
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Northern Transformation, Locked Bag 1356, Launceston TAS 7250.