West Park Expansion
A new campus at West Park
The University will build a new $40 million campus at West Park in the heart of Burnie. A development application has been lodged with Burnie City Council and designs are available to view. Check out our new West Park campus designs.
Check out our new West Park campus designs.
Based on extensive consultation with the community, this will include:
- World-class research and teaching facilities
- Easy pedestrian access options with public transport and ample car parking available
- A focus on enabling industry and community use of the site, with sensitivity to the natural environment
The first stage of this development is complete, in the shape of student accommodation and teaching facilities in the old Domestic Arts Building and the iconic Makers’ Workshop.
Play YouTube video of Vice-Chancellor, Professor Rufus Black sharing his vision for the West Park campus.
Vice-Chancellor, Professor Rufus Black shares his vision for the West Park campus.
Key achievements & milestones
Achievements to date:
- Stage 1 complete with student accommodation and renovations to the Makers’ Workshop and the former Domestic Arts Building
- Master plan released following extensive community consultation
- Funding secured for the project from State and Federal Governments
- Principal consultant architect appointed for detailed design of the campus
- Development application submitted to Burnie City Council for approval
- Detailed co-design process, including extensive consultation with University staff to create world-class spaces for teaching and learning
- Commence construction in 2019
We are keen to get your input into the new campus development as the planning and design process continues. Details about consultation opportunities will be posted here as they become available.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions
To provide feedback, ask questions or join the mailing list for project updates, you’re welcome to Contact Us
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Northern Transformation, Locked Bag 1356, Launceston TAS 7250.