Study with us
Our courses encourage students to develop their practice through specialisation as well as experimentation. They foster opportunities to collaborate across disciplines, explore new technologies and provide opportunities to engage with artists, institutions and festivals of national and international significance.
To study the creative arts at the University of Tasmania is to surround yourself with energetic and passionate people, led by engaged and approachable experts. Using a studio-specific approach designed to encourage individual creativity, the collegiate environment fosters critical thinking and professional practice through a commitment to enthusiasm and excellence in teaching.
Courses and Units
Study with us — apply in one of our courses available at the School of Creative Arts listed below.
Each course and unit is linked to its own page with more detailed information on the University of Tasmania Courses & Units website, including Major/Minors available within each course, and comprehensive lists of units available for study under each applicable Major/Minor.
Bachelor Degree and Bachelor Degree with Honours
- Bachelor of Contemporary Arts (13B)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (13R)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts with Honours (F4R) (Four-year bachelor with integrated honours)
- Bachelor of Music (13O)
- Bachelor of Music with Honours (F4O) (Four-year bachelor with integrated honours)
- Bachelor of Musical Arts (13N)
- Bachelor of Visual Communication (13F)
Combined Degree and Combined Degree with Honours
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Fine Arts (A3I)
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Fine Arts with Honours (A4I) (Five-year bachelor with integrated honours)
- Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology and Bachelor of Visual Communication (P3C)
- Bachelor of Contemporary Arts with Honours (F4J)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts with Honours (F4A)
- Bachelor of Music with Honours (F4D)
- Bachelor of Music (Elite) with Honours (F4E)
Bachelor Degree with Honours (Four-year bachelor with integrated honours)
Combined Degree with Honours (Five-year with integrated honours)
- Graduate Certificate in Fine Art and Design (Specialisation) (F5D)
- Graduate Certificate in Music (Specialisation) (F5L)
- Graduate Certificate in Visual Communication (F5T)
- Graduate Diploma of Fine Art and Design (Specialisation) (F6G)
- Graduate Diploma of Music (Specialisation) (F6L)
- Graduate Diploma of Professional Music Practice (F6H)
- Graduate Diploma of Visual Communication (F6T)
Masters by Coursework
Masters by Research
To find out about application procedures, entry requirements, and scholarships, please visit the Research Degrees web page.
Lists of undergraduate units are provided below. To see units on offer for honours and postgraduate courses, select the relevant course from the course lists.
Study Opportunities & Experiences
Gap Year Program
EXPERIENCE ART SCHOOL FOR 1-MONTH!
The School of Creative Arts art program will offer an exciting new opportunity for college leavers undertaking a GAP YEAR in 2017.
The GAP YEAR PROGRAM enables participants to engage with the art school for one month without enrolment or fees. As a GAP participant you will be granted special access to facilities, studio classes, lectures and presentations. Participants will also be supported by mentors aligned with a studio area relevant to your practice.
As a student of the School of Creative Arts both the University and the School provide access to a variety of scholarships and bursaries at a University, College and Discipline level. The main application period begins in August, and closes on the 31st October the year prior to study commencing.
The College of Arts, Law and Education also offers a financial assistance program for students wishing to undertake Short Term Overseas Study.
An overseas study program gives you the opportunity to experience different cultures, study languages, undertake work placement or internships, make new friends and explore the world while receiving credit toward your degree. It provides a 'total immersion' experience in a variety of study areas and locations. You can choose a program length that suits you, from a 2-week fieldtrip, a short-term summer program to a full semester (or two).
Art | Rosamond McCulloch Studio Residency, Paris
Each year, proposals are invited for artist studio residencies at the Rosamond McCulloch Studio. The residency is open to University of Tasmania visual arts graduates, with a preference for those who currently reside in Tasmania. There is also the opportunity to receive a stipend to help support your residency.