||Clay Loam over brown, uniform deep stony clay loam.
||East 90 degrees
||Mixed forest (Eucalyptus
delegatensis tall - forest).
- Rainforest canopy species (Nothofagus sp. and Atherosperma) approximately
25-30m and 95% coverage, emergent eucalypts upto 60m.
- Understorey generally composed of rainforest species
- Groundcover dominated by ferns and bryophytes.
- Mixed forest- a reality or a seral successional stage, a disclimax.
- Light limitation on understorey vegetation restricts growth to rainforest
- Absence of a fire event in the next 50-100 years will result in die-off of
emergent eucalypts and no regeneration of eucalypt seedlings therefore a
pure rainforest will result.
- A fire event in the near future may shift vegetation towards a wet
sclerophyll vegetation type.