Find out more about the Faculty of Education's courses by joining one of our online course information sessions.
This type of online event is also commonly referred to as a 'webinar'. However you like to call them, the important fact is that these online meetings are a great opportunity to connect with the Faculty's course experts and find out exactly what you need to know about our courses.
Watch and listen to our Course Coordinators present and discuss essential course information. Submit questions and chat with our staff using the live instant messaging tool, and get answers there and then.
You can participate in a webinar using a desktop PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone with a reasonably fast and reliable internet connection.
Schedule for online course information sessions
Master of Teaching
More webinars coming soon. For course enquiries, contact Dr David Moltow.
- Course information: Master of Teaching (Primary) | Master of Teaching (Secondary)
Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- More webinars coming soon. For course enquiries, contact Janette Kaye.
Bachelor of Education (Applied Learning)
Bachelor of Education (Health & Physical Education)
Bachelor of Education (Health & Physical Education and Health Science)
Bachelor of Education (Health & Physical Education and Outdoor Education)
Bachelor of Physical Activity Studies
- More webinars coming soon. For course enquiries, contact Dr Dean Cooley.
Associate Degree of Education Support
How do I join a session?
- After completing an online registration form for your chosen information session, you'll receive an email with the meeting URL and further instructions.
- Ten minites before the event is scheduled to start, click the meeting URL and you'll be taken to the website where the information session is hosted. We advise checking in 10 minutes early to give you time to check your audio settings.
What are my computer requirements?
- The sessions can be accessed via any popular web browser connected to reasonably fast internet connection (broadband).
- Your computer device will need Adobe Flash installed (v10.3 or newer). 98% of computers have Flash already installed.
- You can check if your computer device has a fast enough internet connection and the right version of Adobe Flash by running the following online diagnostics test:
- For those attending the meeting using a tablet or smartphone, we advise you download the free Adobe Connect app from your app store.
- Here is a more detailed overview of system requirements.
Is it possible to explore the webinar website before the session has started?
You'll be able to check in, test your audio and explore the webinar web page ten minutes before the session is scheduled to start.
Can I test my computer set up and view a 'demo webinar'?
Yes, we have set up a demo webinar, similar to what you'll experience when you join a webinar. Anyone can access and explore the demo web room. There are no staff in the demo mode, but you'll get a feel for what to expect. And you'll also know that your computer device is compatible. To access, go to http://utas.adobeconnect.com/test-meeting/
Screen shot of an online course information session