Professional Experience is a core requirement of our teaching degrees. It is an integral component that helps link theoretical studies to practice.
All students who enrol in a Bachelor of Education or a Master of Teaching Degree must be available to attend unpaid Professional Experience on a full-time basis for a number of weeks per year.
Professional Experience has changed for 2014 - students will no longer undertake professional experience within the previous units, ESH102, ESH202, ESH303 and ESH306 for Bachelor of Education, and EMT502, EMT507, EMT603 and EMT606 for Master of Teaching.
The Faculty have introduced new, unweighted Professional Experience units for eligible students to enrol in prior to undertaking Professional Experience. For more information please email Trudy.Griggs@utas.edu.au
- Procedural guidelines [PDF 368KB]
- Tips for getting started
- Safe to Practise
- 2014 Calendar [PDF 119KB]
- 2015 Calendar [PDF 91KB]
- Student Placement Management System (SPMS)
- Assessment reports
- Administrative forms
- Clearances for working with children
- Role of the Colleague Teacher
- Volunteering Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
- Opportunities for Remote PE Placements