Location: Hytten Hall, French Street, Sandy Bay 7005
Telephone: +61 3 6226 2534
Facsimile: +61 3 6226 2525
Hobart is Tasmania’s capital city. Its beautiful location at the mouth of the Derwent River and at the foot of Mount Wellington provides residents and visitors with stunning views.
A spectacular range of sport and leisure options is available: from shopping, clubs, theatres, cinemas, cafes and restaurants, to nearby beaches and nature reserves.
The University is about a 15 minute walk from the city centre, and there is regular and reliable public transport.
There are many things to enjoy in and around Hobart, including:
- Salamanca Market, one of Australia’s best outdoor markets
- Live bands, theatre and film festivals
- Museums and galleries
- The ‘Taste of Tasmania’ food and wine festival
- Arts festivals, such as ‘MONA FOMA’
- Bushwalking, fishing and water sports