Vote On Our Staff Agreement (posted 21 June)
We are delighted to announce that you can vote for our new proposed University of Tasmania Staff Agreement from Monday 25 June 2018.
We encourage all eligible staff to vote for the proposed agreement.
The voting period is from 8am Monday 25 June to 5pm Friday 30 June.
All eligible staff will be sent an email link by Cirenna Independent Voting Services (CiVS) explaining the on-line voting process.
CiVS is an independent voting service which has been engaged to manage the on-line voting process.
The new proposed University of Tasmania Staff Agreement has been available for access since last week on this website.
If you have any questions or issues on the voting process, CiVS provide a telephone support service on 1300 798 994 available from 11am to 7pm from Monday 25 June 2018 to Friday 30 June 2018. You can also access:
Access Period for new proposed University of Tasmania Staff Agreement (posted 14 June)
The University is delighted to announce that our new proposed University of Tasmania Staff Agreement 2017-2021 (Staff Agreement) is available to be viewed by all eligible staff, before you get to formally vote on it.
The proposed Staff Agreement will be able to be viewed from 14 June 2018 to 22 June 2018 here. A summary document which outlines the changes in more detail called An Overview of the Proposed New Staff Agreement is also available for your reference.
The proposed Staff Agreement provides a fair and competitive 8.5 per cent salary increase over the life of the agreement as follows:
- 1.5 per cent (already paid from the first full pay period on or after 1 July 2017)
- 1.5 per cent from 1 July 2018
- 1.5 per cent from 1 July 2019
- 2 per cent from 1 July 2020
- 2 per cent on 30 June 2021
The new proposed Staff Agreement also includes a new top salary step for each classification (alongside the removal of the lowest step from 1 July 2019 except for Academic Level E and HEO level 10, both of which will retain 2 salary steps), enabling our University to remain competitive in attracting and retaining our staff.
For the vast majority of staff this will mean an extra increment during the life of the Agreement.
Other highlights include:
- Three-day grace period between Christmas and New Year maintained for life of the Agreement
- Increased salary rates for casual staff as a consequence of the classification structure changes
- Improved parental leave including an extra week of paid partner leave (10 days total, currently 5 days) for eligible partners on the birth of their child
- Improved and better-defined family violence leave
- A more contemporary approach to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leave
- Improved superannuation provisions for fixed-term staff, bringing them in line with superannuation provisions for ongoing staff from 1 June 2021
- The Nominal Expiry Date (NED) for the Agreement will be 1 July 2021
At the conclusion of the access period all eligible staff (including eligible casual employees) will be invited to vote on the new Staff Agreement.
The voting period will be open from Monday 25 June to Friday 29 June 2018. The vote will be undertaken by Cirenna Independent Voting Services on behalf of the University. Every eligible staff member (including casual staff members) will be contacted through their UTAS email address and invited to vote on the Agreement.
- Academic Promotions Policy
- Academic Promotions Procedure
- Performance and Career Development Policy
- Performance and Career Development Procedure
- Classification Descriptors and Enhanced Classifications Descriptors
- Long Service Leave (State Employees) Act 1994 (Tas)
- CPSU (SPSFT) Disclosure of Financial Benefits
- ROC Disclosure Form UTAS
- CiVS: Employee Introduction Letter - University of Tasmania and How to Vote - University of Tasmania