The Unit is responsible for matters of protocol governing University activities and events and interaction with government and the community. The Unit provides information and advice on protocol to all areas within the University.
For protocols regarding UTAS branding and visual standards please visit the Brand Guidelines website.
A toolbox has been constructed as a point of reference for advice on matters of protocol.
- Protocol and Event Management. This document will assist you with protocols associated with the involvement of distinguished visitors, the Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor at University events.
- Forms of Address (PDF 1.2MB). This document will assist with appropriate invitations, salutations, place cards, addressing and referral to Australian dignitaries.
- Order of Precedence (PDF 604KB) will assist with announcement and seating order.
- Acknowledgement of Country (PDF 402KB) will assist with acknowledging traditional owners and custodians of Tasmania.
- Protocol Assistance Request Form (PDF 360KB). For further assistance please complete and submit to UTAS.Events@utas.edu.au