Who is it for?
This program is for patients who have completed the phase 2 program or the maintenance program at the LGH, and would like to continue exercising in a supportive and monitored environment along with other people who have undergone a similar experience.
- The program is run in a group setting where the exercises are circuit-based, or instructor led exercise for the entire group. Exercises are modified to suit individual needs and abilities. The classes are designed to address strength, balance and cardiorespiratory fitness and weight loss goals.
- There is a high supervisor to client ratio. (There is a maximum of 12 clients per session who will be supervised by an accredited Exercise Physiologist as well as by students who are training to be allied health professionals).
- Class times:
- Monday 6pm
- Tuesday 3pm
- Wednesday 9am
- Thursday 6pm
- Location: UTAS Exercise Physiology Clinic
- Duration: 45-60 minutes per session
- Single class - $10 full, $8 Centrelink concession
- 5 class pass - $45 full, $35 Centrelink concession
- 10 class pass - $85 full, $60 Centrelink concession
- Out of pocket costs are claimable under private health insurance extras cover
- Bookings are essential