- General Purchasing Guidelines (PDF File 502.4 KB)
This guideline is the first document that purchasers should read. General information regarding purchasing is provided, with references to other guidelines where applicable. This guideline also provides details regarding unusual purchase categories, or those that are often queried by staff. Technical information on the use of T1 Financials is available separately on the training page.
- Invoice Payment Guidelines (PDF File 369.3 KB)
This guideline provides instruction on how to make payments. Technical information on the use of T1 Financials is available separately on the training page.
- Miscellaneous Staff Payment Guidelines (PDF File 381.3 KB)
This guideline provides information on various payments made to staff, not paid through the payroll, and the conditions under which they are made.
- Petty Cash Custodian Guidelines (PDF File 317.2 KB)
This guideline provides instruction on the maintenance of petty cash floats. For information on petty cash payments refer to the General Purchasing Guidelines above.
- Cashiering and Revenue Collection Procedure (PDF File 220.3 KB)
This guideline is the first document that purchasers should read regarding the collection of University funds over the counter, by phone or other methods. This guideline describes the conditions for setup and maintenance of a cashier, the collection of funds, the use of the University cheque register and other forms of receipting. General information is also provided, such as information on cashier security and cashiering arrangements for special occasions.
- Invoicing and Receivables Guidelines (PDF File 397.3 KB)
The Invoicing and Receivables Guidelines provide instruction on how to raise invoices, recover debts, and other customer management issues.
- Student Charges - Extract DEEWR Guidelines (PDF File 51.7 KB)
- BCMS User Guide (PDF File 1.1 MB)
This manual provides technical instruction on the use of the BCMS system.
- Business Card Procedure (PDF File 162.2 KB)
The business card guidelines provide instruction on the issue and use of business cards. Technical instruction on the use of the BCMS is available separately above.
- Fraudulent Credit Card Activities (PDF File 20.2 KB)
- Budget Process Guidelines (PDF File 616.0 KB)
This guideline has been prepared to assist Deans, General Managers and Finance Managers understand the principles and processes that drive the annual budget process at UTAS.
- Budget Working Group Terms of Reference (PDF File 339.5 KB)
The BWG is responsible for the formation and review of the University Operating Budget within the overall fiscal framework set by University Council.
- Accounting and Reporting for Institutes - Operating Guideline - Draft (PDF File 318.8 KB)
The objective of this guideline is to ensure that the reporting to the management boards of the Institutes are performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Budget Development User Guide (PDF File 4.6 MB)
This user guide provides information to assist Finance Business Partners and Financial Services teams in developing the University budget.
- DIICCSRTE - CSP Rates Table for 2014 (PDF File 157.0 KB)
This table shows Government contributions under the Commonwealth Grant Scheme and maximum student contribution amounts for a student place (equivalent full-time student load) for 2014.
- Guidelines for the Recognition of Teaching and Block Grant Income - Draft (PDF File 396.8 KB)
This guideline provides information on the various sources of operating income (eg. teaching and block grant income), and how this income is recognised in the Faculties and Institutes.
- Insite -Student Fee Extract with CGS Income by AOU report (PDF File 318.3 KB)
This report lists the total tuition fee income by AOU. For commonwealth supported students the amount of CGS and transitional CGS is also included. The data in the report is refreshed at the beginning of each month.
- Insurance Guidelines (PDF File 552.0 KB)
The insurance guidelines provide details of the insurance policies in place for the University, including information on coverage, exclusions and claims procedures. This information is a summary designed to assist staff in understanding and acting on insurance matters. Further detailed insurance policy information is available from the Insurance Office.
- FBT Guidelines (PDF File 470.6 KB)
The fringe benefits taxation (FBT) guidelines provide general information on FBT and how this impacts on the University. Additional information on the administration of FBT is also provided, but staff should first consult the relevant purchasing or revenue guideline.
- GST Guidelines (PDF File 925.7 KB)
The goods and services (GST) guidelines provide general information on GST, not covered under the relevant purchasing or revenue guidelines.
- Expression of Interest Guidelines (PDF File 291.9 KB)
The Expression of Interest Guidelines provide instruction on situations that are similar to, but not exactly the same as a tender. This includes Requests for Information and other marketplace communications that may in turn give rise to a tender. In all instances, the Tendering Guidelines are the main reference document and the Expression of Interest Guidelines should be used to clarify the steps involved in particular cases.
- Probity in Tendering Guidelines (PDF File 549.0 KB)
This document provides probity information related to tendering, including information on conflicts of interest, confidentiality and how probity relates to the various tender steps. Also included is legislative information and case studies.
- Tendering Guidelines (PDF File 502.2 KB)
This guideline is the first document that purchasers should read. This guideline describes the situations where a tender applies, the manner in which a tender should be conducted, and the major steps to be undertaken during the tender. General information is also provided, such as tips for handling communications with the marketplace. A range of useful documents are referred to, and a link for these is available under forms below.
All Financial related policies and copies of approved guidelines can be found at Policy & Delegations.