Welcome to all our first year students!
We hope your time at UTAS is both enjoyable and rewarding.
Starting at university can be a daunting experience. It's a new environment, with new language, new rules and new responsibilities. The First Year at UTAS website has been designed to help you navigate your way through your first semester.
For the key things to do between receiving an offer and classes starting, go here. Distance students should also check out the distance study page.
- Have an issue and need to know who to talk to? Use our Support Finder here.
- Tried this and have a simple question? Ask us on Facebook.
- Need detailed advice via e-mail, phone or Lync or to make an appointment? Get in touch with your Student Adviser.
The two buttons below link to some useful resources. CheckPoints are interactive online resources to help you assess how you're going at key junctures of your first semester. Checklists provide similar information in a straightforward printable list.
Current Advice Sheets
- Preparing for UTAS
- Academic language skills
- Computer skills for uni
- MyLO for new students: part one
- MyLO for new students: part two
- Tips to manage your studies
- Citing and referencing
- Weekly planner
- Semester Assessment Planner - Sem 2, 2015 (227kb - PDF)
- Semester Assessment Planner - Sem 2, 2015 (16.5kb - Word)