Welcome to all our first year students!
We hope your time at UTAS is both enjoyable and rewarding.
Starting at university, however, can be a daunting experience. It's a new environment, with new language, new rules and new responsibilities. The First Year at UTAS website has been designed with you, the first year student, in mind to help you successfully navigate your way through your first semester. If this website doesn't answer the questions that you have, please get in touch with your Student Adviser. The two buttons below link to some resources to help you. CheckPoints are interactive online resources to help you assess how you're going at key junctures of your first semester. Checklists provide similar information in a straightforward printable list.
Current Advice Sheets
- Academic language skills
- Being successful in tertiary exams (PDF 137.3KB)
- Computer Skills for Uni
- Effective exam preparation (PDF 106.1KB)
- Effective exam techniques (PDF 105.0KB)
- Managing exam anxiety (PDF 106.9KB)
- MyLO for new students: part one
- MyLO for new students: part two
- Tips to manage your studies
- Citing and referencing
- Weekly Planner (PDF 85.9KB)